Halloween Ends is the forthcoming 13th film in the Halloween franchise. Announced on July 19, 2019, by John Carpenter, Halloween Ends will follow Halloween Kills. The film continues the story of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode.
In September 2018, producer Jason Blum said that "we will do a sequel if the movie performs". By October 2018, after the film's opening weekend, McBride confirmed that early development on a sequel had begun.
On July 25, 2019, it was teased that this might not be the end for the franchise.
In February 2019, Collider exclusively confirmed Scott Teems was in talks to write the script, having collaborated with Blumhouse Productions on several projects in development. Teems had also written a story treatment for the film prior to the negotiations. Blum, Malek Akkad and Bill Block will return as producers, while Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer and Andi Matichak are expected to reprise their roles. In June 2019, it was reported that a sequel would begin filming in September 2019, with Green returning to write the script and direct and Curtis, Greer, and Matichak reprising their roles from the 2018 film.
On 19 July 2019, Universal Pictures revealed the titles and release dates of two sequels were announced: Halloween Kills, set to be released on October 16, 2020, and Halloween Ends, set to be released on October 15, 2021.
- On October 29, 2020, at the BlumFest panel for Halloween Kills, it was also revealed that John Carpenter will also be providing the music for both sequels.
- David Gordon Green also returns to direct and co-write the script with Danny McBride (The Righteous Gemstones) and Scott Teems. Halloween Ends will be released on Friday, October 14, 2022, which Green will also direct and co-write, this time with Danny McBride, Paul Brad Logan, and Chris Bernier.
- The film was supposed to be filmed back to back with Halloween Kills but was decided the film would be produced independently.
- ‘Halloween Ends’ Won’t Be the Final ‘Halloween,’ Says Writer Danny McBride - slashfilm.com
- Blumhouse & Universal Move ‘Halloween Kills’, ‘Forever Purge’ & More To Later Release Dates - Deadline
- Michael Myers Returns in New Halloween Kills Teaser! - Comingsoon.Net