- "I have spent my entire life trying to get over the paranoia and neurosis that she has projected on me."
- ―Karen to Allyson Nelson about Laurie Strode.[src]
|Known aliases:||Karen Strode (maiden name)|
|Known Relatives:|| Laurie Strode (mother) |
Pamela Strode (grandmother)
Morgan Strode (grandfather)
Ray Nelson (husband; deceased)
Allyson Nelson (daughter)
|Portrayed By:||Judy Greer|
|First Appearance:||Halloween (2018)|
Karen Strode is born as the only daughter of Laurie Strode, conceived after Laurie had a one night stand with a random man at a bar. Laurie taught Karen survival skills from an early age, having survived the 1978 rampage of deranged serial killer Michael Myers was able to defend herself against the evils of the world. By the time she was eight, Karen knew how to fire a gun, how to build traps and was able to fight. She had nightmare’s for years about the house’s basement, which was filled with an arsenal of weapons. When Karen was twelve, social services deemed Laurie an unfit mother and took Karen into foster care, Laurie was never able to regain custody of her daughter. Eventually, Karen met and married a man named Ray Nelson and together they had a daughter named Allyson Nelson. Karen remained estranged from her mother for many years and became resentful of the fear and paranoia Laurie had instilled within her from a young age.
- In the early script, she was called Jamie, which would have essentially made her a different timeline incarnation of Jamie Lloyd.
- In one of the scripts, her name was Shanah Nelson.
- She is the third child Laurie has had in the franchise. However, she is the first with no relation to Michael.
- In the script, it's shown that Karen works as a child psychologist.