|Known aliases:||Nurse Chambers|
|Location:||4946 Cypress Pond Road, Langdon, Illinois|
|Known relatives:||Mr. Chambers (husband)|
|Death:||October 29, 1998 (H20 Timeline)|
October 31, 2018 (2018 Timeline)
|Portrayed by:||Nancy Stephens|
- "It isn't fair. They should have allowed you to examine everything. That girl, that Strode girl, that's Michael Myers' sister."
- ―Marion Chambers to Doctor Samuel Loomis on November 1st, 1978.[src]
Marion Chambers was a nurse employed at Smith's Grove Sanitarium in Warren County, Illinois during the 1970s. On October 30, 1978, she was driving back to the hospital with her colleague, psychiatrist Doctor Samuel Loomis. A dangerous, homicidal patient named Michael Myers broke out of the hospital and accosted Marion in her car. She managed to get out of the vehicle, but Myers stole the car and began driving toward the town of Haddonfield.
The following information is only relevant to the 4-6 and H20 Timelines.
Marion would later receive word that Michael Myers had murdered three teenagers in Haddonfield. This incident caused so much commotion with the hospital staff that the Governor of Illinois ordered a certain sealed record to be opened; a record which revealed that a seventeen-year-old girl named Laurie Strode, the primary target of the murder spree, was actually the sister of Michael Myers. Under orders by Smith's Grove administrator Doctor Rogers, Marion and a Marshall Terrence Gummell drove to Haddonfield to find Doctor Loomis. Marion told Loomis about Michael's connection to Laurie Strode. Marion then accompanied Loomis to Haddonfield Memorial Hospital where they discovered Michael making a second attempt on the life of his sister. Marion remained outside and thus, was spared Michael's rampage.
- Main article: Marion Chambers/H20 Timeline
- Main article: Marion Chambers/2018 Timeline
Notes and trivia
- The name 'Marion Chambers' is a combination of two characters from the 1960 film Psycho; Marion Crane (whose actress Janet Leigh played Norma Watson in Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later) and Sheriff Chambers.
- Marion has gained notoriety among fans for being the character that reveals to Dr. Loomis the fact that Laurie Strode and Michael Myers are siblings, thus beginning the "family" angle of the sequels.
- In the novelization of Halloween, Marion's last name is Treadwell and she is a redhead.
- An online fan novelization of H20 has Marion surviving Michael's attack and calling Laurie Strode to warn her of Michael's resurfacing.
- In Halloween: Resurrection, mental patient Harold Trumble lists all of Michael's known victims. Marion is conspicuously absent from this body count, which is ironic as Nancy Stephens, Marion's actress is the wife of the film's director, Rick Rosenthal.
- Marion was the first person that Michael terrified after his escape.
- Before Alan B. McElroy wrote the screenplay for Halloween 4, Dennis Etchison had written a screenplay which had a more psychological and cerebral approach to the Michael Myers mythos, and had Marion returning as a main character who attempts to reach Michael.
- With Nancy Stephens reprising her role in Halloween Kills, Marion has the third highest number of film appearances while being played by the same actor, with a total of four, only being surpassed by Donald Pleasence as Samuel Loomis and Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode.
Appearances in movies
|"Halloween III: Season of the Witch":
The Return of Michael Myers":
The Revenge of Michael Myers":
The Curse of Michael Myers":
|"Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later":
Appearances in comics and novels
- Halloween (novelization)
- Halloween II (novelization)
- Halloween: White Ghost
- Demons Tormenting Me
- Repetition Compulsion
- Halloween: Autopsis
- Halloween: Sam