|Name:||Robert David Simms|
|Location:||417 Woodland Avenue, Haddonfield, Illinois|
|Birth:||February 17, 1960|
|Death:||October 31, 1978, 8:40 PM (Aged 18)|
|Portrayed By:||John Michael Graham|
Robert David "Bob" Simms (February 17, 1960 - October 31, 1978) is a character in the original Halloween.
Bob Simms was born on February 17, 1960 to David and Christine Simms in Haddonfield, Illinois. He was a student at Haddonfield High School where he was on the baseball team (the Haddonfield Huskers), as pitcher and tight end for the football team. He was also one of the top students of his class and possible valedictorian. He had a girlfriend named Lynda Van Der Klok. On the night of Halloween 1978, Bob and Lynda drove towards the Wallace house so they could have sex. They normally used his father's van but, since it was autumn and thus too cold, they planned to be at the Wallaces' since their friend Annie Brackett was babysitting there. The original plan was for them to arrive and Annie to distract little Lindsey Wallace, then Lynda and Bob would go into another room for sex. When they arrived and saw that no one was home, Lynda called Laurie Strode to find out what was happening. Once they discovered that Lindsey was gone for the night and Annie had gone to pick up her boyfriend Paul, the couple went towards the master bedroom and had sex. They were oblivious to the fact that Annie had been murdered and that's why the house was empty.
Afterwards, Lynda had Bob go downstairs to get some beers. While in the kitchen, the back door opened and Bob figured it was Lynda playing a prank on him. When he opened the closet, Michael Myers rushed out, lifted Bob up on the hinged, pantry door and stabbed him in the chest with a butcher knife, pinning him to the door. His body was later discovered by Laurie Strode in the upstairs bedroom, where it had been suspended from the ceiling.
On Halloween 2003, Bob's corpse, and the corpses of Annie Brackett and Lynda Van der Klok, were dug up by Laurie Strode (who had become Michael in her mind) and put in a room in the same position that they were in on Halloween 1978. The three corpses were later discovered by Lindsey Wallace. Their bodies were once again buried in their rightful caskets.
- Bob's social security number was 523-01-2840.
- Bob's corpse was attended by Graham from 11:05 PM on October 31, 1978 to 12:02 AM on November 1.
- His death won the Golden Chainsaw Award in Dead Meat's Halloween (1978) kill count.
- Actor Dennis Quaid (who, at the time, was the boyfriend of P.J. Soles, Lynda's actress) was originally supposed to portray Bob, but scheduling conflicts ended up preventing this from happening.
- Archive footage of Bob appears in the documentary "Terror in the Aisles".
- Halloween (1978 novelization)
- Halloween II (corpse)
- Halloween: Resurrection (mentioned)
- Halloween II (novelization) (mentioned)